Tilghman Methodist Church is a Historic Church Located on Tilghman Island, Maryland
We are entirely surrounded by water, but are less than 20 minutes from historic St. Michaels and only a half hour from Easton, totally accessible by car.
We are a warm, loving community of faith, deeply rooted in the teachings of Christ.
Methodists have been worshiping on Tilghman’s Island since the 18th century. The first church was built at our current location between 1879 and 1882, a one room structure with a steeple and belfry. The current church was erected in 1913. The church features ornate stained-glass windows with a simple gothic-based design. For a more complete history, click HERE.
Sunday Worship Services
9:00 am Adult Sunday School in the Church Annex
10:00 am Sunday Worship Service in the Sanctuary
Current TMC Announcements
- The Lord’s Message: Worship: Let Us Worship God Together 09/25/2023 - The Lord’s Message: Worship: Let Us Worship God TogetherDate: September 24, 2023Where: Tilghman Methodist ChurchScripture Reference: John 4:27-42 This is the fourth and last message of our sermon series, Worship. The first message was that God desires to have a relationship with us. We are created in the image of God. God loves us. In… Continue Reading
- The Lord’s Message: Worship: In Spirit and Truth 09/19/2023 - The Lord’s Message: Worship: In Spirit and TruthDate: September 17, 2023Where: Tilghman Methodist ChurchScripture Reference: John 4: 19-26 This is the third message of our sermon series, Worship. The first message was that God desires to have a relationship with us. We are created in the image of God. God loves us. In 1Timothy… Continue Reading
- The Lord’s Message: Worship: God Knows Us and Loves Us 09/12/2023 - The Lord’s Message: Worship: God Knows Us and Loves UsDate: September 10, 2023Where: Tilghman United Methodist ChurchScripture Reference: John 4:16-18 Last Sunday, we began a new sermon series, Worship, referencing the Book of John, Chapter 4. Last Sunday, we discovered that God desires to have a relationship with us. Jesus went to the town… Continue Reading
Regular Meetings, Events
All meetings are in the Annex unless otherwise indicated.
- Church Council meets on 2nd Wednesday at 7PM.
- First Tuesday Lunches will be back on October 3 at Noon.
- Exercise Group meets during the Summer on Monday & Wednesday at 9am. MORE…
- Ladies’ Sewing Mon. Evenings, 7:00 PM
- Youth Group Meeting, Sun., September 18, 6:00 PM
Visit and “Like” TMC on Facebook.
The TMC Facebook page is back! This has been inactive for several years due to administrative turnover. JoAnn Kelley has revived it. It is a great place to stay in touch with TMC happenings and to interact with friends and make new ones. It also has inspiring and comforting devotional postings. Go to www.facebook.com and type into the Search Bar Tilghman Methodist Church OR, if you are on our web page, simply click on the Facebook logo in the footer at the bottom of every page.
But the BIG news is this: The Sunday Worship Service led by Pastor Dave is videotaped LIVE and available to watch weekly on Facebook.
Rachael Freeman administers another wonderful Facebook page that focuses primarily on our Youth Ministry. Go to www.facebook.com and type into the Search Bar Tilghman Methodist Youth OR click HERE. (Have you visited the Youth Ministry page on this website in the Ministries menu?)
Healthy Tilghman, another of TMC’s outreach ministries, has its own Facebook page full of news, resources and tips for a more Healthy YOU, and Tilghman. Go to www.facebook.com and type into the Search Bar Healthy Tilghman OR click HERE. (Have you visited the Healthy Tilghman pages on this website in the Ministries menu?)
You Are Always Welcome
You are always welcome at Tilghman Methodist Church, to worship or to participate in our various ministries or to simply volunteer and make new friends in the community.
- interested in learning more about TMC?
- in need of pastoral care/prayer?
- wanting to discuss becoming a member of TMC?
Please contact the pastor:
or by Email:
A NEW national 24/7 emergency hotline to prevent suicide is now operational : just dial or text 988 – anytime, anywhere
Rose Regan, Healthy Tilghman Peer Coordinator, informs that A.A. is offering two live phone meetings each day at noon and 7 p.m. Call 425-436-6376 and enter code 447198# to join or just listen. Rose is at 410-886-9862.
Sabiatri Baker, BS/MS,LMT, of Tilghman and member of the the Depression/Bipolar Support Alliance of Talbot County has offered to be personally available to talk on phone over anxiety, stress, depression, fears etc., as an experienced and educated Peer neighbor (this is not medical care) for anyone 24/7 at 410-886-1292.
New service: Want someone to check in (call) on a senior? Call 1-866-502-0560 and the Maryland Department of Aging will set it up. Call to enroll.
PLEASE NOTE: For more information about these and other resources, click
If you would like to have fresh flowers at the alter for a special occasion (anniversary, birthday, in memory of, or to honor someone) we ask $30.00 donation. There is a monthly sheet at the back of the sanctuary for choosing a date. Please contact Beth Gowe via [email protected]
Tithes and Offerings
Even as we emerge from a time of crisis, we remind our members and friends that the costs of maintaining our church continue. Your tithes and offerings are needed, more than ever, as we were without Sunday services for so long. Please support, or continue supporting, TMC with your donations by sending them to us at P.O. Box 192, Tilghman, MD 21671 or by making your secure donation online by clicking on the offering plate above, or Go HERE.
Tilghman MC Mission & Vision Statements
Mission: Connecting people to Jesus and each other by sharing the love of God through Christian worship, Bible study, fellowship, outreach, and mission.
Vision: Become a vibrant church serving God by being a welcoming home and beacon of hope and promise for our community and an on-ramp to Christ where everyone can receive spiritual support and grow in faith.
Wesley Covenant Prayer
I am no longer my own but thine.
Put me to what thou wilt,
rank me with whom thou wilt.
Put me to doing, put me to suffering.
Let me be employed for thee
or laid aside for thee,
Exalted for thee or brought low for thee.
Let me be full, let me be empty.
Let me have all things, let me have nothing.
I freely and heartily yield all things
to thy pleasure and disposal.
And now, O glorious and blessed God,
Father, Son and Holy Spirit, thou art mine,
and I am thine. So be it.
And the covenant which I have made on earth,
let it be ratified in heaven.